GPL GAS TANKS
GPL Gas Reservoir
Introduction of GPL Gas Storage Tanks:
DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS AND FITTINGS
- Tanks for the storage of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (GPL) shall be designed for a working pressure corresponding to the vapour pressure at the highest temperature that the tanks are likely to reach.
- Each Reservoir GPL storage tank should be fitted with a pressure gauge and devices for measuring the liquid content and its temperature. The maximum quantity of Liquefied Petroleum Gas filled into anyone tank should be such that at the maximum operating temperature it would not occupy more than 95% of the capacity of the storage tank.
- Excess flow valves should be fitted to prevent the loss of Liquefied Petroleum Gases from storage tanks and transport tanks, and especially to protect points where flexible hoses are used.
- Remote controlled hydraulically operated shut-off valves should be fitted to each storage tank.
We BNH Gas Tanks are exporter and manufacturer of Reservoir GPL Storage Tanks at cheap cost. The tanks are as per customer’s requirement.
TANK LOCATION AND SAFETY DISTANCES
Location and Spacing :
The distance given in Tables 1, 2, and 3 below indicate the minimum approved distances from above- ground / underground tanks and refer to the horizontal distances between the nearest point on the storage tank and a specified feature, e.g. an adjacent storage tank, building or boundary. The distances apply to both spherical and cylindrical tanks.
We are exporter and manufacturer of GPL Tank. We also supplier of GPL (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) Underground Tank, Auto GPL tank at cheap cost. GPL Tank Volumes are from 2KL to 500KL Total Storage, as well as Refrigerated tank for propane storage.
The GPL Storage Tanks are designed as per ASME Sec. VIII Div.1, ASME Sec. VIII Div.2 and BS 5500 codes, PD 5500, CODAP 2000, EN 13445 AND OTHERS. The tanks are provided with all accessories like safety fittings, valves, pipelines etc.
GPL Reservoir storage tanks are used as a storage base for heating and technological purposes as well as technological tanks in the area of bases, storages and liquid gas bottling plants.
The tanks are manufactured according to our own documentation or on the basis of documentation supplied by the customer - types of materials and fittings used depend on tank capacity and its application. Tanks are manufactured from carbon steel plates, coated with high quality, modern, eco-friendly and anticorrosion coating, covered by a quality and durability warranty.
Standard storage GPL tanks are equipped with the following fixtures:
• filling valve,
• intake valve of the gas phase,
• pressure gauge,
• maximum overflow valve,
• intake valve of the liquid phase,
• level sensor,
• safety valve(s).
We manufactures the following types of GPL tanks:
• Horizontal GPL Tanks
• Vertical GPL Tank
• Cylinder GPL Tanks
• Storage GPL Tank
• GPL Transport tank
• GPL Semi trailer tank
Design Pressure: 17.16 Bar to 23 Bar
Design Temperature: -40 Deg C to + 65 Deg C
Design Code: ASME, AD MERKBALTTER, PD 5500, CODAP 2000 AND OTHERS
Volume (m: 0.5M3 to 1000M3)
We use various international design codes for designing of storage tanks are horizontal cylindrical vessels as follows:
ASME Sec. VIII Div.1,
ASME Sec. VIII Div.2
BS 5500 codes,
PD 5500: Specification for unfired Fusion welded pressure vessels
Material of construction: SA 537 CL 1, SA 516 GR 70, BS 1501-1 225 490 A, EN 10028-3 P355NL2 AND OTHERS
What is GPL and Why GPL is better?
GPL stands for Liquefied Petroleum Gas – a very versatile, portable and manageable fuel that’s a naturally occurring by product of the oil extraction process. GPL is easily stored and delivered in cylinder and bulk tank form, and as it produces far lower carbon emissions than oil, coal, peat and even electricity, is one of the cleanest conventional fuels available.
GPL changes from liquid into gas by introducing the right amount of pressure, at which point it turns into gas vapour, which is then drawn off as you use it. A pressure regulator keeps the gas pressure constant as the cylinder or bulk tank empties, until there is no remaining liquid left.
GPL comes in two types – propane and butane. Propane is stored in bulk tanks or a variety of red, green or grey cylinders (sizes: Patio Gas, 11kg, 34kg and 47kg), while butane is stored only in cylinders. Butane cylinders are either yellow or blue, and come in the following sizes: 1kg, 4.5kg, 5kg and 11.34kg.
Propane performs best at low temperatures, allowing it to be stored outdoors in tank or cylinder form all year round. Butane performs best at a temperature of 10 degrees Celsius, making it more suitable for indoor use and only suitable for outdoor use during summer months.
Each type of GPL cylinder is specially made to store propane or butane in its liquid state, under moderate pressure, until it is used.
COMPARISION OF GPL STORAGE TANKS OR GPL RESERVOIR WITH GPL SPHERES:
1) GPL Reservoir Storage tanks are much safer since it weight is distributed evenly on a larger area thus reducing chances of collapse as compared to sphere, especially in small islands prone to earth quakes, cyclones and Tsunami as can be verified from the recent incident in Japan where a row of GPL sphere went under severe fire condition.
2) Multiple GPL storage tanks have an added advantage that the load is distributed over a larger area thus the problem of uneven settlement / collapse is largely reduced.
3) GPL Multiple GPL storage tanks makes the project faster, economical, easier and will in turn help the company to start the terminal as soon as possible which in turn will generate good immediate returns.
4) GPL sphere of same volume needs more time for construction as compared to GPL multiple storage tanks.
5) In case of installations with Multiple GPL storage tanks if there is any problem / maintenance / repair / breakdown of any one tank the outlet and inlet valves of the same can be closed and the tank can be isolated, also in case of emergency the GPL product in the tank under repair / maintenance can be easily transferred to another tank located in the same plant thus increasing safety of the plant. Whereas in case of sphere if there is any problem with the sphere or its valves or pipeline the entire plant comes to a stand still (This is a loss to the company in terms of business loss, product loss, as well as extra demurrage that the company may have to pay to the shipping company if unfortunately the GPL ship also arrives the same time when the sphere has generated a possible breakdown). But in case of multiple storage tanks even if one of the tank generate a possible breakdown and the GPL ship also arrives the same time still the GPL from the ship can be unloaded to the remaining tanks and the company will have to incur least loss due to ship demurrage.
6) Though there is a common notion that for the same volume a sphere has the least surface area and least thickness and hence lesser weight and less cost but our past experience suggests that weight saved in making a sphere as compared to storage tank is lost as wastage in the development of various sections (petals and crown) thus leaving little or no benefit of the weight saved.
7) The fabrication cost increases considerably in case of sphere as compared to multiple GPL storage tanks, since the sections have to be pre fabricated at shop, shipped to site, adjusted, assembled and welded at site piece by piece in proper sequence, heat treated, radiographer and tested at site. Fabrication of sphere requires lot of time since the petals / sections are required to be assembled piece by piece in proper sequence and completion of one stage is entirely dependent on completion of the earlier stage as so on and so forth. More over there is a continuous requirement of close monitoring, blockage of all construction equipments and manpower till the entire completion of work sequence by sequence, this makes the fabrication of sphere still more costlier and time consuming as regards to blockage of manpower, machinery rent etc.
8) Sphere once fabricated cannot be moved or relocated from one place to another and if in case any relocation (due to sale of plant or plant relocation) is required the sphere has to be cut into several small pieces and transported to site and then reassembled and re-fabricated at new site this is as good as manufacturing a brand new sphere at site and hence the after sale value of a sphere is much less and as compared to GPL storage tanks which can be sold out for good returns.
9) Least initial investment and financial risk in case of GPL multiple storage tanks of as compared to sphere of similar or larger volume